Effective Date: September 1, 2018
When using our Site or otherwise interacting with us, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself and others, including your name, contact information, financial account information, or additional information you choose to provide to us, including information related to Harpeth Hall students and prospective students such as their name, age, address, date of birth, class year and educational information. We may also receive information about you, students, or prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect.
We may use the personal and technical information we collect for any lawful purpose. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
To provide the School’s services, including to process applications for admission and financial aid, create student, alumnae and parent directories, register you or your child for Harpeth Hall programs and services, and conclude enrollment contracts and user agreements;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To fundraise and process financial donations;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumni, and others;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Site and our School; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share the personal information we have collected through this Site with other parties including, to the extent permitted by law:
- To parents/guardians of a student;
- To employees of the School;
- At your direction or request, such as providing student information to third parties related to standardized testing, transfers to a new school, in connection with financial aid applications and administration, or applications for higher education;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities;
- With other members of our School community such as through the publication of student and parent directories;
- To volunteers, contractors, consultants, and other third-party service providers that we use to support our School and provide services including fundraising, advertising and marketing services;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties including in connection with a health or safety emergency and in connection with disciplinary proceedings; or
- With your consent (on behalf of yourself or as a student’s parent/guardian) or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
- We may share technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not identify you personally, without restriction.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites over time for non-advertising purposes. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Site and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links and Tools
Updating your Information
You may request to review, change, or update your personal information, or the personal information of a student of whom you are the parent/guardian, by logging on to Veracross at portals.veracross.com/Harpeth.
The Harpeth Hall School
3801 Hobbs Rd, Nashville, TN 37215