The Harpeth Hall Parents Association spearheaded a multitude of activities and events during the fall semester.
We offer a heartfelt thank you to the many volunteers who made our community more vibrant and successful, and we look forward to many more exciting events this spring!
Special thanks to:
- Jane Allen and Mary Helfrich for perfectly executing the Upper School Daughter and Mother/Special Friend Coffee featuring speaker Arie Nettles, a Harpeth Hall trustee and past parent. Read more about Dr. Nettles experiences as a Harpeth Hall parent and about the family van called Pickle.
- Rob Pittman and the Dads Network for hosting a fun-filled fall Beargate and a Dads Coffee, which drew a record crowd of more than 70 dads to hear speaker MarQuis Chappell, Harpeth Hall’s director of equity and inclusion.
- Kim Small and Beth West for supporting the Office of Admission and Financial Aid by coordinating volunteers to welcome more than 180 prospective families to campus on Admission Preview Day.
- Campus beautification team for creating attractive plantings on campus this semester, with special emphasis on Admission Preview Day. Thank you to Katherine Cigarran, Mary Cummins, and Carter Dawson for your hard work and creativity. The festive holiday wreaths on the doors of Souby Hall and on the identity wall on the corner of Estes and Hobbs are brightening spirits every day!
- Faculty/staff appreciation team led by Jen Davis, Andrea Hardy, and Jodi Hess for providing monthly breakfasts for faculty and staff. Thank you to the many volunteers who prepared breakfast items and pumpkin bread for an October treat. Lauren Donnelly Bashian, Ansel Cline, Elizabeth Coles, Mary Cummins, Stephanie Greenfield, Alyce Ory, and Diane Vidalakis for assembling 170 take-home meals from The Corner Market so our faculty/staff could enjoy a night away from the kitchen!
- Hang-Up Sale and Cash for Plaid team including chairs Blair McEvoy and Laura Stanley and step-up chairs Katie Cowan and Anne Marie Helm for running monthly sales.
- Public Purpose chairs Liz Lamb and Amy Seigenthaler for the first family service day at Warner Park, the Strides Breast Cancer walk, and supporting the Main Event’s philanthropic partnership with The Nashville Food Project.
- Cate Connery Bury, Christie Mitchell and Gena Moran for battling supply chain issues to stock the Spirit Store and for taking the Spirit Store online! Thanks to Jennifer Caver and Jill Parker for organizing all the great volunteers who run the store every Friday and at special events.
- Jean Ellen Spengler and the Middle School Parent Council for planning movie nights, parent socials, breakfasts, mixers, and more for our Middle School students.
- Rachel Hornsby and Emma McDaniel and their volunteer team who are planning the HHPA’s largest fundraiser, The Main Event. Special thanks to the hard-working solicitation teams including auction chairs Jill Rork and Suzanne Tatum, corporate chairs, Amanda and Thomas Beck, Paige and Matt Kisber, and Sara and Tim Meyer, and patron chairs, Alyce Ory and Lella Wilbanks. We are also grateful to Meggan Grear, Joy Harris, Geri Howard, Nobu Junge, Allison Schaufele, and Jennifer Smith for stuffing envelopes for a Main Event mailing during exam week!