Library and Technology
The beautiful Ann Scott Carell Library
sits at the heart of the campus.
The 20,000-square-foot facility serves as the information and technology hub of the campus, housing comprehensive library services along with the school's network and technology support team.
The Ann Scott Carell Library is home to the most comfortable chairs on campus and they surround an inviting fireplace. The library, with its huge windows overlooking Souby lawn, is a place with quiet nooks for those who wish to read and five small study rooms for collaboration with classmates. The library houses a 30,000 item collection and also provides students with thousands of electronic resources. The library is open every day from 7:30am – 5:00pm.
The lower level includes the help desk (the Bear Cave), the archives room, a meeting room, and a makerspace called, the Design Den.
Our Design Den is a fully equipped makerspace that includes: Makerbot 3-D Printers, Epilog Laser Cutter, 3-D software, CNC router, power tools, hand tools, programming components, and a variety of raw materials.
BEAR CAVEHarpeth Hall's Laptop Help Desk is located on the lower level of the Ann Scott Carell Library. It is open Monday - Friday from 7:30 to 3:30 during the school year. Summer hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-10:30 during June and July.
Every student in grades 5 through 12 uses a laptop as part of her learning experience. Campus technology includes:
- More than 150 faculty and staff laptops and approximately 700 student laptops
- A schoolwide wireless network
- Software to support all disciplines
- Scanners, digital cameras, and video cameras for faculty and student use
- A fully-automated library with catalog and database access all over campus as well as from home
- Internet access with email for students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- A long-range strategic plan for our technology goals
- Access to a learning management system for all students and teachers
- Ceiling-mounted wireless projectors in all rooms; and probes, graphing calculators, and video microscopes in math and science classes
Harpeth Hall is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and effective users of information and ideas because a well-rounded education prepares students for any type of career they might choose. The Information Services Department offers an exemplary information literacy program for students to help them develop the skills to find, evaluate, and use information.