Upper School Technology Teacher and Robotics Coach
The Harpeth Hall School seeks a full-time upper school technology teacher and robotics coach. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, student-centered technology teacher with an enthusiasm for working with high school students. We seek a teacher with a commitment to innovative pedagogy and collaboration with colleagues, excellent writing and communication skills as well as relevant technology skills to enhance pedagogy. The ideal candidate will teach the following semester-long technology electives: Introduction to Computer Science, Introduction to Engineering, Web Design and Visual Coding, and Game Design and Coding. A bachelor’s degree is required; teaching experience, a master’s degree, and the ability to teach a science or math class are preferred. In addition to curricular work, we seek a candidate to be the coach of our Robotics program. This entails after-school work and off-campus tournaments. If our robotics coach is also a full-time teacher, he/she has a one class reduction in teaching load. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. This position is full-time for the 2023-24 academic year and will include being an advisor. This position begins August 1, 2023.
- Plan, prepare, and create activities for multiple technology classes on a daily basis, teaching lessons that correspond with the school's curriculum.
- Monitor the progress of students on a lesson-by-lesson basis, offering extra practice and instruction when needed.
- Create, administer, and grade assessments of student learning.
- Offer individual assistance outside of class to students who need extra help.
- Communicate with students, advisors, and parents through comments, emails, phone calls, conferences, and Schoology (our online learning management system).
- Attend and participate fully in meetings with department members in the Upper School, as well as additional meetings with other departments and divisions.
- Supervise advisees, monitor their academic progress, and advise them on ways to improve their performance. Manage family conferences once per semester and communicate with parents of advisees as needed.
- Perform other duties such as maintaining and updating the Schoology page on a daily basis, proctoring study hall, documenting curriculum, and writing report card comments.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to education young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.