Upper School Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
Harpeth Hall seeks a candidate with a bachelor's degree, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong sense of ethics, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate tasks in a deadline-driven environment. This candidate should be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in writing and verbally. The Upper School Administrative Assistant enjoys working with students, parents, and faculty. This position requires both independent problem solving skills and collaboration with the administrative team and other administrative assistants on campus. The candidate should be proficient with Google documents and excel spreadsheets and have a willingness to learn new technology as it becomes available and is deemed appropriate for the position. This is a 12-month full time position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome visitors to the Upper School Office and provide assistance as needed.
- Answer questions from students, parents and faculty, which arise daily in person, via email, and via telephone.
- Serve as attendance officer: oversee absences, students signing in, and students signing out in order to maintain accurate and timely records of attendance for all Upper School students.
- Maintain the organization and appearance of the Upper School office and the Upper School Director’s office.
- Provide full administrative support to the Director of the Upper School including correspondence, agendas, reports, and reservations of spaces. Maintain files, order supplies, and sort mail.
- Maintain student files for the Upper School office.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls to the Upper School and to the Director’s office, taking messages as needed.
- Maintain daily schedule and appointments for the Director, including coordination of various meetings.
- Track faculty absences and schedule substitute teachers for faculty members with both planned and unplanned absences.
- Input time off for Faculty through online payroll system and substitute payroll bi-weekly.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning student, teacher, and parent information.
In addition, there may be duties as assigned by the Head of School. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Harpeth Hall is an independent 5-12 day school for girls and young women. Harpeth Hall is dedicated to academic excellence and to teaching girls to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. The total school enrollment is 724 students, with around 410 in the Upper School. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Harpeth Hall offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including health insurance plan, contribution to health savings account, 10% contribution to retirement plan after one year of service, generous time off including vacation, sick, personal, and holidays, and free lunch on school days.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, and references at https://www.harpethhall.org/about/career-opportunities.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to education young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.