The Security Officer reports to the Security Manager to ensure overall safety and security of the School campus, personnel, and students. The Security Officer provides a high level of customer service with all constituents at all times. In the absence of the Security Manager, the officer serves as liaison between the School and the local police and other emergency responders. The position is full-time and non-exempt.
- Secures campus and personnel by patrolling campus (including but not limited to buildings, parking lots, athletic fields), monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings and access points, ensuring that window and door locks (both electronic and conventional) are in place and functioning as designed.
- Always maintain a positive and courteous demeanor; practice open dialogue and understanding, and communicate with others in an honest, professional, and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate a high level of awareness, good judgment, and critical thinking skills in all aspects of the position.
- Assists with daily carpool and traffic control as necessary.
- Carries firearm and other required security items at all times.
- Looks for points of vulnerability and reports deficiencies and vulnerabilities promptly.
- Monitors and reports behavior of suspicious persons and movement of vehicles.
- Logs all observations, occurrences and surveillance activities and supplies daily reports to supervisor and to other security personnel; Also ensure all needed notifications have been made in a timely fashion, that accurate information has been communicated, and that information has been properly documented.
- Responds quickly to alarms and to emergency calls.
- Politely directs campus visitors to appropriate log-in points.
- Notifies visitors using our athletic facilities without permission of our policies and procedures and politely asks that they desist from use.
- Accompanies personnel and students between buildings and to parking lots upon request.
- High School Diploma
- Current Tennessee Armed Officer License
- CPR and First Aid Training preferred
- Previous security or law enforcement experience
- Specific and appropriate firearm training
- Physically able to perform assigned duties including standing for long periods of time, walking throughout 44-acre campus, and lifting up to 25 pounds
Commitment to Diversity, Equity , and Inclusion:
Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, and references.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to education young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.