Middle School Math Teacher
The Harpeth Hall School seeks a full-time middle school math teacher to teach all levels of middle school math. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and creative math teacher with enthusiasm for working with middle school students, a commitment to innovative pedagogy and collaboration with colleagues, excellent writing and communication skills, and comfort and familiarity with using relevant technology to enhance learning. A bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. This position is full-time for the 2024-25 academic year. This position begins August 1, 2024.
- Plan, prepare, and create activities for math classes, teaching lessons that correspond with the school's curriculum.
- Monitor the progress of students on a lesson-by-lesson basis, offering extra practice and instruction when needed.
- Create, administer, and grade written and oral presentations, tests, and quizzes.
- Offer individual assistance outside of class to students who need extra help.
- Communicate with students, advisors, and parents through comments, emails, phone calls, conferences, and Schoology.
- Organize, plan, and attend meetings with department members in the Middle School, as well as those from the other departments and divisions
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to educate young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.