Middle School Learning Specialist
The Harpeth Hall School, a college preparatory school for girls in grades 5-12 in Nashville, TN, seeks a Middle School Learning Specialist to join our team beginning August 1, 2023. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has a master’s degree in education, teaching experience, and experience analyzing educational evaluations and testing. Expertise in understanding different learning styles, a desire to work with middle school students, and an understanding of the developmental needs of girls are necessary. A self-starter with a willingness to collaborate, exceptional communication and organizational skills, and a commitment to high professional standards are required.
The duties of the Learning Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead faculty team meetings focused on student support; advise teachers on pedagogical practices and accommodations to support students learning needs.
- Provide intervention strategies for students and teachers to enhance learning performance.
- Examine and analyze student achievement through performance data and other indicators and identify learning needs.
- Refer students for testing, evaluations, and therapies by collaborating with the family and the Middle School Director and Counselor.
- Maintain strong communication between teacher, parent, and student for successful collaboration.
- Interpret student evaluations and follow established protocols for developing plans, strategies, and support.
- Meet with students and parents to educate them about accommodations, such as extra time, and notify teachers about the management plan.
- Teach study skills and strategies to provide academic support to girls individually and in small groups.
- Stay current in professional development regarding cognition and learning and provide new information to parents and faculty.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a cover letter, resume, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org by January 20. Applications will be reviewed in late January, and selected candidates will be invited to interview on campus in February.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to education young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.