Administrative Assistant 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Harpeth Hall Upper School seeks an administrative assistant to be in the Upper School office from Monday through Friday 3 pm - 6 pm daily. This position will receive an hourly wage and, because it is part-time, this position would not be eligible for benefits. The duties would include:
- Learn Veracross/Axiom program
- Monitor the Upper School office email accounts and enter attendance data into Veracross as voicemails and emails are received throughout the afternoon
- Assist with data entry in Veracross, especially at the beginning of the school year (ex. populating Clubs, advisories, attendance classes, etc.)
- Perform administrative duties, such as managing the director’s calendar, creating spreadsheets, finishing tasks from the school day, proofreading documents, answering the phone, placing mail in faculty mailboxes, organizing supplies, letting people into the Upper School, and answering questions about the Upper School.
- Monitoring email for requests from teachers for last-minute subs; text daytime administrative assistant when those are sighted.
- The position will entail some additional administrative work if we are preparing for an upcoming event in the Upper School; these tasks might entail making signage, tracking data, creating surveys, printing name tags, checking on a setup for an evening event, gathering supplies / prepping for an upcoming event, or finishing a load of laundry (tablecloths from an event).
- Be an adult presence for girls who need to stay in the Upper School until 6 pm; girls are asked to be in the Junior lobby, right next to the US office from 5 - 6 pm, so, during this hour, it is especially important that the administrative assistant be available for student needs.
- Walk through the Bullard Bright Idea Lab at 4:30 pm to make sure that no students remain in the space except those who are working with an adult (ex. Robotics)
- Walk through the Upper School buildings, checking classrooms and bathrooms, around 5 pm and again around 5:50 pm to make sure that students are not in other places in the building without an adult
- The person in this position would ideally get to know the girls who regularly stay late in order to create a supportive relationship and a level of trust so that the girls feel comfortable coming by to ask for help, if necessary
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vita, and references.
Joining Our Community
The mission of The Harpeth Hall School is to educate young women to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of the community is seen, heard, and valued. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter and resume. All materials should be addressed to: Office of Human Resources, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 37215.
Once a conditional offer of employment is made, background screening will be required. Employees must also provide appropriate documentation establishing their identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. Questions can be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-297-9543.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Harpeth Hall School is an equal opportunity employer. Faculty and staff are recruited, hired, and promoted without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state, or federal laws.