"It's thrilling to be in a place where everyone acknowledges and engages in the continual nature of learning."
— MarQuis Chappell, Director of Equity and Inclusion
Our core purpose is to nurture a sense of wonder, to instill a will and facility for learning, and to promote cultural understanding, environmental stewardship, and service to others. The pursuit of these goals will inspire students and faculty to combine knowledge with goodness and reflection with action.
For more than 150 years, Harpeth Hall has held true to the essential idea that girls deserve an excellent education full of possibilities and purpose.
- A pioneer in the field of women's education, Harpeth Hall is one of the country’s premier independent college preparatory schools for girls in grades 5 through 12.
- As a school community, we engage in vibrant intellectual conversation that values diversity of thought and difference of opinion.
- Guided by talented, curious, and supportive faculty, our girls feel inspired to challenge themselves as students and individuals.
- At Harpeth Hall, we foster academic curiosity, empower all voices, and encourage experiences that prepare girls to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Harpeth Hall’s faculty is one of our greatest strengths.
- Open-minded and curious, our nationally-recruited teachers are committed to serving as mentors, confidants, and advisors to our students. In turn, Harpeth Hall is dedicated to supporting a community of life-long learners.
- Approximately 79% of our faculty has a master’s degree or higher.
- Team-building activities and lectures by leading educators are among initiatives to develop our faculty’s teaching skills.
- Faculty attend and make presentations at state and national conferences and workshops and have been recognized across the country for their innovative work.
- Professional development is an ongoing priority through faculty grants, as we strongly believe that a school flourishes when its teachers have opportunity for personal growth.
Our college-like suburban campus situated on 44 acres among Nashville’s rolling hills provides a welcoming sense of place for our community.
Our stunning 20,000-square-foot library serves as the information and technology hub of the school and a cozy environment to cozy up and read.
In the soaring visual arts building, creativity abounds. Light-filled studios inspire self-expression in many media.
Our 60,000-square-foot Athletic and Wellness Center serves as a space for our students and faculty to build confidence and fitness, surrounded by tennis courts, a competition grass field, a new softball field, and an outdoor track at the lacrosse and soccer complex with the state's first synthetic turf field for girls.
In 2022, Harpeth Hall will debut the Bullard Bright IDEA Lab to truly put our campus at the forefront of teaching technology.
Interested in joining our school community?
Join a team of dynamic education professionals committed to intellectual curiosity, critical thought, and collaboration in a city known for its creativity and strength of community.
"I love that the all girls’ environment allows all of us, teachers and students alike, to explore without limits and support one another throughout the journey."
— Fran Linley, learning specialist
"As a Harpeth Hall teacher, I have the opportunity to teach and mentor some of the brightest minds of our future. They impress me daily, both in and out of the classroom, and it is an honor to be a small part of their journey."
— Amy Miller, world languages teacher
"We are an extended family where faculty can find honesty, tradition, community, intellectual integrity, and acceptance."
— Legare Vest, science teacher
"There is a culture devoted to learning -- not just achievement -- and it’s a joy to teach students who are so enthusiastic and so grateful for our work. I also love my colleagues. Everyone brings their own story and strengths, and I find a lot of inspiration and friendship in my fellow faculty members."
— Denise Croker, English teacher