2018 Sunday on Souby
10th Annual Fall Family Festival!
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a wonderful afternoon of entertainment and connecting with other Harpeth Hall families and alumnae on Sunday, October 7, 2018, from 2 to 5 p.m. on the Harpeth Hall campus. Join us rain or shine!
- Free Food and Fun Details
- Cake Walk/Sweet Treats Donations
- Sunday on Souby T-Shirt
- Cake Decorating Contest
Free Food and Beverages: Enjoy free sandwiches and beverages from The Cafe on the senior patio, a hot dog from the Dads' Network grilling station, Moe’s chips and salsa, and home-baked sweet treats.
Entertainment: The hilarious and always entertaining Harpeth Hall alumna, Grace Clayton '01, will be back as our emcee. Scheduled to appear are the middle school and upper school choirs and orchestras, The MBA Rock Band, DJ Dan, and Karaoke!
Cake Walk: Popular Cake Walk in Bullard Gym - need we say more? See Cake Walk/ Sweet Treats Donations tab for details on how to donate.
Kids' Zone: Sponsored by the Head's Young Alumnae Council, the Kids' Zone, will feature FREE inflatables, coloring contest, face painting, basketball and putt putt golf games, balloon artist, carnival food, photos with the HONEYBEAR, and much more! Thank you to our alumnae co-chairs, Jenny Patterson Camp ’02 and Neel Webb Young ’02.
Titans Game on the Big Screen: Near the Dads' Network Grilling Station, enjoy watching the Titans take on the Buffalo Bills on the big outdoor screen.
- NEW THIS YEAR! Harpeth Hall-themed Corn Hole sponsored by the Dads' Network
- Volunteer Dads are needed to assist with parking and grilling. Email Rob Pittman or call Rob at 615-364-5802 to volunteer.
Retail Booth and Bear Necessities Store: Buy Harpeth Hall spirit wear, a limited number of Sunday on Souby t-shirts, AND (drumroll please) Ms. Judy Lowe's famous tea cakes!
Cake, Cookies, and Pie, Oh My!
Please consider donating a baked or store-bought item for the
Cake Walk or Sweet Treats booth.
*All cakes and sweet treats must be nut-free.
The 2018 Sunday on Souby t-shirt was designed by Harpeth Hall art teacher current parent and alumna, Susie Creagh Elder ‘90. These white, Gildan Softstyle, short-sleeve shirts are available in sizes ranging from Youth XS to Adult XL. Friday, October 5 will be an All School Casual Day to celebrate Sunday on Souby. Students are encouraged to wear their Sunday on Souby t-shirt or any other Harpeth Hall t-shirt on that day! A limited number of t-shirts will be available for sale at the Bear Necessities Store retail area at Sunday on Souby. Look for tents near Souby Hall! For those who receive financial aid, there are resources available to help with the cost of a t-shirt. To learn more, please contact Jessica Viner, Associate Director of Admission and Financial Aid.
Tie up those apron strings and grab a spatula - it's time to channel your inner Cake Boss! Enter the Sunday on Souby Cake Decorating Contest for a chance to win prizes in the following categories:
- Best cake representing Senior Class Theme - "The Dancing Queens of 20-19!"
- Best cupcake design
- Best cake representing Harpeth Hall
- Best cake representing Halloween
- Overall winner
- Anne Byrn Whitaker '74 - The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook series
author...her latest book is American Cookie
- Emily McAlister Frith ’75 - Chef, caterer, and owner of Corner Market Catering Company
- Tallu Schuyler Quinn ’98 - Executive Director, The Nashville Food Project
- Sara Morris Garner ’03 - The Scout Guide Nashville & Franklin Editor and Nurse Practitioner
Cake Decorating Contest Drop-Off Times
Sunday, October 7 | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Upper School Conference Room (outside Bullard Gym)
Please be on time. Entries will not be accepted after 12:30 p.m. Judging begins promptly at 1 p.m.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Entries are limited to one individual entry per student with the option of one additional entry with a classmate or classmates.
- All entries must include a cake entry form. Click yellow button below to download/print your form, and submit with your cake.
- Email Janet Master by Thursday, October 4 with your entry information so she is ready for you on drop-off day!
- Questions? Contact Janet Master or Lella Wilbanks
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Head's Young Alumnae Council