Our co-curricular programs enable Harpeth Hall students the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of and explore further their interest in the arts.
Harpeth Hall upper school offers an audition-based a cappella group called the Rolling Tones. The group performs at concerts, festivals and school events.
Harpeth Hall offers five dance companies – ballet, jazz, modern, tap, and hip hop. These after-school companies are open to students in all grades. The companies perform two dance concerts each year – one in the fall and one in the spring. More than 100 students participate in our dance companies.
For students interested in pursuing their talents in theatre, Harpeth Hall offers both stage and tech programs after-school.
- Fifth-Sixth Drama Club offers an early introduction to theatre and a spring production.
- Middle School Musical is open to seventh-grade and eighth-grade students.
- Harpeth Hall Playmakers is an upper school program that stages four productions each year: back-to-school musical in collaboration with MBA, fall play, winter play, and spring one-acts. Upper school students audition for parts in the productions.
- Harpeth Hall/MBA Musical is an upper school theatre collaboration with students from Montgomery Bell Academy. In its 19th year, this production alternates each year between Harpeth Hall and MBA.
- Tech Team is offered to seventh-grade through 12th-grade students interested in the behind-the-scenes of a theatre production. Students learn costuming, prop and set design, audio/lighting equipment, and stage managing.